Ex. 4: (Phase 1). Design the initial Stand
It is recommended that you keep the Help file open and alternate between the Help file and Excel to duplicate the various phases of the design and test of the crop plan. In the following instructions, the buttons shown in parentheses are for illustration only. You must use the MGM Toolbar in the MGM workbook when initiating an action with one of the buttons.
In these examples italic font is used to identify MGM objects, crop plan events, and other items of interest in the dialog windows and bold font signifies entries that should be made into the dialog.
- Click the MGM Toolbar Open button () to start a new crop plan.
- Click on the Untitled entry and press OK. When prompted, click OK to delete the existing Crop Plan. It should look something like:
Crop Plans Untitled Saved: 8/11/00 8:40:02 AM Stand Age Year Event Settings Crop Plans CropPlansId := Untitled Options Crop Plan CropPlanID := Untitled Establish Grow End
- Right-click on the Crop Plans event to make it the active event (highlighted in yellow). You can also click the Go to previous Crop Plan Event button () to activate the Crop Plans event.
- Press the Edit button () to activate the Edit Crop Plans dialog.
- To specify a new crop plans identifier, replace Untitled with Help Example 4.
- Press OK.
- Click the Move Down to Next Crop Plan Event button () to activate the Options event.
- Click the Edit button ().
- If necessary click on the Alberta tab to identify the appropriate region.
- If necessary, click on the EcoRegion option button to identify the Sub-Region.
- Select the Central Mixedwood sub-region from the alternatives presented in the drop-down box.
- Click OK.
- Right-click on the Crop Plan event to make it the active event (highlighted in yellow). You can also click the Move Down to Next Crop Plan Event button () to activate the Crop Plan event.
- Press the Edit button () to activate the Edit Crop Plan dialog.
- To specify a crop plan identifier, replace Untitled with Help Ex. 4 - Crop Plan 1.
- Press OK.
- Click the Move Down to Next Event button () to activate the Establish event.
- Click the Edit event button ().
- Click on the Read Stand (xls) source for establishing trees.
- Select SDS-9018 Aw34k
- Note that Stand Age and Year will be read from the file.
- Press OK.
- Click the Move Down to Next Event button () to activate the Grow event.
- Click the Insert Event button (), select Regen and press OK to open the Regen dialog.
- Click on the Simulate Regenerated button.
- Select Planted Spruce.
- In the Trees/ha box add 2000.
- In the Age at Est box add 2.
- In the Site Index box select 18.
- Press OK.
- Click the MGM Toolbar Save button() to save the Crop Plans worksheet into the MGM Crop Plans workbook. The Crop Plans worksheet is saved in the Crop Plans workbook using the CropPlansID setting as the worksheet name. If a worksheet with the same name exists, you are queried for permission to replace the existing worksheet.
- The first few columns of the resulting crop plan should look similar to:
|Crop Plans||Example 4||Saved: 1234 Apr 26 2005|
|Crop Plans||CropPlansID := Example 4|
|Options||Region := 1||SubRegion := 1||_MinDbh := 0|
|Crop Plan||CropPlanID := Help Ex 4. Crop Plan 1|
|4||1988||Establish||SourceIndex := 1||DIncrAdjSwitch := False||TreeSource := SDS-9018 AW34k|
|4||1988||Regen||SourceIndex := 6||Seed := 0.1976||seedsource := False|