MGM18 (VS22.214.171.124 / Rev6115)
First major release of MGM18. Download available June 30, 2019 to July 11, 2019.
- New climate-sensitive survival functions for white spruce, black spruce, lodgepole pine, jack pine, trembling aspen, balsam poplar, and balsam fir (Cortini et al. 2017).
- New height increment and diameter increment functions for jack pine (Strimbu et al. 2017) and black spruce (Oboite 2018).
- The full implementation of the GYPSY / Huang et al. (2009) site index curves for Alberta.
- The retirement of the Huang (1997) and Huang et al. (1997) site index curves for Alberta.
- The deactivation of the “stand breakup” Mortality Adjustment (i.e. “MAFlag”).
- An interim update to the juvenile Treelist Generator (Trees < 25 years).
- A streamlined crop plan “Options Event” (i.e. fewer user “flags”).
- An executable installation package and updated installation procedure.
- An installed Excel “AddIn” that significantly improves model performance.
- Digital certificates for the installation package and Excel “AddIn” to enhance security.
MGM18 (VS126.96.36.199 / Rev6115)
Minor update. Includes all of the features in MGM18 (VS188.8.131.52 / Rev6115). Download available July 15, 2019 to April 26, 2021.
- Update to integrate the jack pine diameter increment function (Strimbu et al. 2017) with the GYPSY / Huang et al. (2009) site index curves.
- Update to address how pine competition is passed to the survival functions (Cortini et al. 2017) and black spruce growth functions (Oboite 2018).
- Update to address how black spruce competition is passed to the jack pine growth functions (Strimbu et al. 2017).
MGM21 (VS184.108.40.206 / Rev6378)
Beta release of MGM21 that is under consideration for use in Forest Management Planning in Alberta. MGM21 is a major update from MGM18 (VS220.127.116.11 / Rev6115). Download available April 27, 2021 to present.
- A climate and composition sensitive maximum size-density function for trees ≥ 4cm DBH (Comeau 2021b).
- An updated self-thinning system for trees ≥ 4cm DBH.
- Revised survival functions for balsam fir, jack pine, lodgepole pine, and black spruce without a tagging limit variable (Comeau 2021a).
- Updated height increment and diameter increment functions for black spruce (Oboite and Comeau 2021).
- Added white spruce competition to the height increment and diameter increment functions for juvenile white spruce < 4cm DBH (Comeau and Bokalo 2020).
- Updated site index functions for Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and northeastern British Columbia.
- A routine that estimates missing tree ages within MGM (i.e. Internal Age Solver).
- Improved tree age estimates on regenerated trees.
- A modified approach to estimate tree age for white spruce.
- The updating of tree age estimates after stand establishment or thinning.
- Updated diameter estimates in MGM’s Tree List Generator for untended deciduous trees.
- Streamlined crop plans with fewer inputs.
- Faster runtimes when using large Stand Workbooks.
- 32-bit support for Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 2019, and local installations of Microsoft Office 365.
- 64-bit support for Microsoft Office 2019 and local installations of Microsoft Office 365.
Last Modified: May 12, 2021